Tips on how to get a good night's sleep


October was a hard month for me. We didn't know what to do when our landlord told us without notification that we needed to end our contract since he wanted to use house for him and it was so difficult for us to find another place in such a short notice. We were browsing and looking everywhere to find a place to move but everything was above our budget. 

Thankfully, we were lucky enough to find a nice place that would accommodate us and Tyrion as well (our german shepherd) and we started our move a few days later. It was a stressful month and at the end of each day I was so tired but I couldn't sleep. It was so difficult for me to relax and sleep and next day I was tired again before starting to do any packing. It was a nightmare. Later on, I found some ways to help me relax and I would love to share these with you today.


1) A hot bath is the best thing after a stressful day.  Fill your bath with hot water, add a bubble bath or a bath bomb and stay in as long as you can. Muscles relax, mind wanders and you unwind from everything and de-stress.

2) Switch off the lights and light candles and create a relaxing mood to your house.

3) Avoid eating a heavy dinner. A bad habit of mine but I managed to changed that. I used to eat dinner at 9.30-10 every night while watching our fave shows on tv and when I went to bed one or one and a half an hour later, it was obvious that I couldn't sleep.

4) Create a relaxing and restful bedroom. It is really important for me to have a dark room to sleep in and also a good mattress and pillow.

5) Lavender scented products are well known for their ability to relax body and mind and enhance sleep. Some researchers have documented that lavender may slow the activity of the nervous system, thus inducing a calm feeling, lavender is a natural relaxant.  These days, I have been using the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask with Lavender that I apply before making my way into bed and it helped me a lot. 


What are your tips for having a good night's sleep? Share them with me in the comments below!


No comments