New Year's Resolution #1 - Joining the gym


As the new year approaches, I was thinking about my new year's resolutions. Last year I didn't make any, I didn't feel like I was in the mood to 'plan' my life and set goals for 2017. But I was wrong. Planning and setting goals is important and this year I am determined to do it, set my goals and achieve as many possible. And the first and no.1 on my list is to start exercising again. 

I was never the kind of person that was obsessed with working out. I always enjoyed walking, that was the only exercise I did with my best companion Tyrion. A walk around the block for 30-40 minutes was usually more than enough for me.

In the previous years, I usually joined the gym because my friends did and quit after a month or two. I didn't have the motivation to continue and I was bored to death. But then I found other ways to exercise, fun ways. It is really important to do this for yourself and enjoy it, not because others are doing it.

I discovered zumba, it was a new and fun way to exercise and honestly, one hour each day wasn't enough for me, I was really enjoying it and having fun and I wanted more. I also noticed a difference in my body, how it looked and how I felt. I didn't have any weight to lose but I started gaining my strength back and felt great! In order to stay motivated, I need variety in exercises otherwise I get really bored. I am not the kind of person that will run on the treadmill every single day, that's why I prefer classes and there are lots to choose from; zumba, pilates, dance classes, boxing and many more.

Also, when I start working out, I eat healthier since these two go together. I try to cut down junk food and choose healthier options. After one session of zumba, it is normal for me for not wanting unhealthy food, I didn't spend the last hour working hard to come home and eat fried chicken, but a salad with avocado, egg and feta will do or fish and vegetables!! And there are so many healthy options to choose from, but I always forget and depend on the quick choices of junk food; pizza, burger, french fries etc.






In addition, buying new gym clothes also motivates me to start a new class. A pair of new gym leggings, a new pair of training shoes and a nice hoodie gives me what I need to get up from the sofa and join my dance class. I didn't buy that pair of leggings to have it hanging in my wardrobe!!

What motivates you to start exercising? 




*I was given these items for free but all opinions are my own and 100% honest.

No comments