It's blush time


 With the temperature going up and the heat almost unbearable, I find myself using less products on my face day by day. I spent June with only sunscreen, lipstick and blush on and believe me, it's more than enough when it's 37-39 degrees Celsius out there (that is 98-102 Fahrenheit).


Today I have four lovely blushes that I have been wearing in rotation these days. Blush is one of my favourite (and necessary) makeup products. Just one small amount changes your look instantly, makes a dull complexion look more alive and refreshed. Here are my picks for June!


The Milani Baked Blush in 03 Berry Amore is by far my favourite summer blush. Wrapped in a gold tube, this blush offers 3.5 gr of product that is lightweight but well pigmented so a light hand is needed when applied. The powdery and silky formula applies evenly and you can build it as much as you like.  Berry Amore is a warm mauve rose shade with tiny tiny almost bronzery shimmer that blends nicely on the cheeks and even though I thought it was a wintery shade when I ordered it, it is definitely a summery shade that I wear a lot these days. If you need a nice healthy glow, you need this blush.


W7 Matte Me Blush - On The Edge is a matte powdery blush in a beautiful soft pink shade (in the tube it looks brighter and more intense but it isn't) and it is not very well pigmented so you need to build it up. I think this blush is suitable to wear all seasons since it has no shimmer in it nor it gives a summery glow, it is completely matte and it looks great in both warm or pale skins. You get an impressive amount of 8gr in comparison with the other smaller tubes.


Kiko Milano Colour Veil Blush in 06 - this is the one and only Kiko blush I own but I would love to try more from this brand. It is a warm pinkish brown shade that is incredibly pigmented and long lasting. It stays on for probably 7-8 hours which is really nice since I don't have to re-apply or worry I might look weird by the end of the day. This one is supposed to be a dupe for Tom Ford 05 Ravish blush, but I don't own that one so I cannot tell for sure if they look exactly the same. 


Elf Baked Blush in Rich Rose - my initial thought was to buy the famous 'Peachy Cheeky' that was definitely a hit when these blushes came out, but it was always out of stock or not available to order online. But this one is also a gorgeous shade and I am so glad I ordered it. 

This blush is a bronze rosy shade that looks amazing on a tanned skin. It is not very well pigmented, you need to swirl the brush multiple times in order to pick enough product and on my hands it looked super pigmented but on the brush it looks drier and extra effort is needed in order to pick the right amount. However, when you apply it on the cheeks, it leaves a gorgeous glow and a slight shimmer. It looks similar to the Milani Berry Amore but the texture is quite different.


Have you tried any of these blushes? What are your favourite blushes for summer?

No comments