Accessories to take with you on vacation


Who is excited that it is finally summer? This year, we made a late start but summer is finally here and I couldn't be more excited because I love summer! And of course, who doesn't love summer vacations? 

Besides your swimsuit, your towel and your favourite book to read at the beach, there are some additional accessories to take with you while on vacation and I made a list of my favourite accessories below.

Sunglasses
The most important accessory to take with you on vacation. Sunglasses are essential to wear all the time while on holiday as it is really important to protect our eyes. It is the same thing as protecting our skin when we  are exposed in the sun and even short term exposure without a good pair of sunglasses that blocks at least 99% of UVA and UVB rays can harm and burn the surface of your eyes. 

As you can see from the picture, I have a thing for cat-eye shaped sunglasses. I love them so much and I think it is the only design that suits the shape of my face better.


Necklaces
Necklaces and earrings are my favourite accessories. I love bright, colourful statement necklaces and I wear them every day.  Bright statement necklaces can transform an outfit and my favourite combo is denim shorts - white top - bold necklace! 
(All three necklaces shown in the picture are handmade by me)



Scarves
Scarves are so versatile and can be worn in so many different ways. I usually tie a colourful scarf on my hair while at the beach, to protect hair from exposure in the sun or sometimes if having a bad hair day and want to hide my hair whilst on public.  Scarves can also refresh any outfit wrapped around the neck making it more fun or you can tie a coloured scarf in a plain old bag.



Earrings
Just like necklaces, statement earrings can transform or/and improve any outfit, making it more fashionable and more personal. My favourite pieces are the chandelier earrings, but lately, I added more studs to my collection eventhough I didn't liked studs before, but I founded some cute pieces and flower designs (first picture).  There are plenty of beautiful earrings out there to choose from and now in the summer, I like to wear a pair of long earrings with my hair sleeked at the back in a ponytail, so that they earrings are not hided in my long curly hair.


Hair accessories
This summer, I have been obsessed with wearing flowers on my hair. I love any hair accessory that makes my hair look less boring and beach ready! Also, hair ties need not be boring. I choose to wear hair ties with embellishments and flowers on them and they look so nice when you have your hair in a ponytail or a half-up do.


Bracelets
Wooden, beaded or bracelets with charms. Again, I love to wear many coloured bracelets together and I mix and match them to coordinate my outfit or my swimsuit.  On my recent trip to Crete, I took so many bracelets with me, I didn't got the chance to wear them all while being there and I also bought some new I found in the market of Crete.


Flip flops
Last but not least, the very comfortable and vacation friendly flip flops.  As I mentioned in my diy post where I created a cute pair of handmade flip flops using pom poms (check it here), in summer I live in flip flops.  I wear them all the time and I am a proud owner of at least 40 pairs of flip flops! Yeah, it may be a huge amount of pairs to have, but I cannot help it, I love them so much. Flip flops are the perfect shoe to take on vacation and can be worn day or night. Also, they are extremely comfortable and that is the main reason I love them so much!

What is your favourite accessory to take with you on vacation?

30 comments

  1. I always take sunglasses and flipflops on vacation :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad I'm not going away this year! I spent the holiday money on a much needed new laptop, but I do love post, your suggestions are so helpful :)

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't wear much accessories as I am hopeless to match them to my outfits so I usually stick to sunglasses and earrings. LOL!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've got like a million pairs of sunglasses, defo my fave accessory x

    darcia.pl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your jewellery it's so unique and pretty!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, scarfs and sunglasses are the ultimate summer accessories! ;)

    Lovely blog! I'm following!
    Oh, there's a lush giveaway happening on my blog! Hop on there and try your luck! Fingers crossed! ;)

    Xx
    The-not-so-girlygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh girl, your post got me into a proper holiday mood! Your pictures are just so bright, colourful and lovely, and I adore all the accessory picks you've shared with us! :) <3 Bracelets are my favourite kind of accessory, I'm not much into jewellery and my ears aren't even pierced but I sure love a good bracelet, haha! :) <3 Also, sunglasses are always a must, and the one you picked out are absolutely lovely. <3 Thanks for sharing, kisses! x x x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah you hit all the import vaca stylin staples. You can never have enough sunnies.

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great accessories. Flip flops and sunglasses are a must.
    BEAUTETUDE

    ReplyDelete
  10. To be quite honest I rarely take any accessories other than sunglasses and jandals but I love the scaves and earrings! They really add a nice pop of colour :)
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love flip flops but wear slides when I'm in the city~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never wear any scarfs in Summer although there are some beautiful ones that could spice up a simple outfit, I just never remember to look for them :) Sunglasses and flip-flops are my 'must haves' for Summer though! x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gray flipflops with bow are so cute :) Also I love other accessories as well. This post made me really excited that it's still summer. x

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't live without sunglasses! They are everything for me!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving all the earrings. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this post! Too often have I gotten to my destination and realized I forgot so many accessories! This is the perfect list.

    Xo, Emma | grandslamsandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh! I love all of them, specially the accessories! Great post! :)


    April of: https://beybiapril.wordpress.com/
    Instagram: @aprilnunezz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great vacations selection dear!
    Emma
    www.emmalovesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. so colorful and fun!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am loving sunglasses! The cat-eye shaped ones are my favorite as well, they look so playful and elegant at the same time.

    Cy | Dulce de Mango

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those sunglasses look awesome. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. great pieces to take with you!

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have an amazing collection of accessories! I LOVE your sunglasses collection especially xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I'm going on holiday tomorrow and this definitely gave me some ideas!!

    Darriyan ♡
    www.darriyancateland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your collections is really lovely.!!
    xoxo
    Fay

    If you'd like come say hi:http://faythisway.blogspot.gr/
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, those necklaces look very pretty and colourful. I never really wear sunglasses, even though I should to keep my eyes protected from sun exposure. :)

    Chaste & Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  27. I always take sunglasses and hair accessories! Love your post! And love all the accessories! :)
    I would love if u check out my blog
    http://www.afashionholicslife.blogspot.com
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love reading this and your photos are so pretty. I would normally take sunglasses, flip flops and bracelets and earrings. I always find I take too much though.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My next holiday is a city break so it will be very different items.
    www.surangi-style.com

    ReplyDelete