DIY wall decor using washi tape



Hello girls! Today I will share with you an easy diy I did a few months ago.  When you rent a house, you are not always allowed to do whatever you want, and eventhough our landlord told us we are free to do whatever we want in the garden and back yard, the walls were not part of the deal! I wanted to re-paint the whole house to a brighter colour.
At the moment, all rooms are painted in a buttery yellow/beige/ugly whatever colour that does not match my taste at all. But because I cannot do anything about it, I thought ''why compromise with this yuck colour and not do a diy to create some art''? And so I did! And I love it!


One day as I was browsing through ebay, I found washi tape.  What is washi tape you ask!? Washi tape is a kind of masking tape made with rice paper with beautiful patterns and bright colours that can be used in decorating, diy, decorating presents, furniture, walls etc.  

I searched Pinterest for ideas and I found some amazing diy's for my walls and I did two different rooms in the house. For my living room, I used only the two shades of yellow colour mixed together and I printed three lovely photos in the same theme colour.  The wall has changed completely and I love the result (picture 1).

When I finished the living room, I thought, why I don't make my bedroom wall as well? So many lovely and bright colours could change the room completely. So I created squares and rectangles on the wall above my bed, using all colours, and also, I added fairy lights that make a huge difference in the room when lighted! (picture 2).

Do you like the final result? What do you think?
I purchased the washi tape from this seller.

33 comments

  1. What a super cool idea! It looks really great on your walls. I have been dying to do something with my walls that's not too intrusive and this seems perfect. Might have to try!
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this! I moved into my new house a few months ago and I've been itching to decorate the walls - this is such a great idea! :) xxx

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, I would love to put lights like those in my bedroom, soon! Lovely! :) <3

    x, Kat of Nested Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many things you can do with washi tape and it's so fun!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an awesome idea! It's so hard for renters to get creative sometimes, but you've nailed it!

    xx www.qustomquinns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea, so lovely with the poppin' colors! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea and the results are fantastic! :)

    http://www.thebutter.co.uk/

    P.s what is it with rented properties always being magnolia? Eurgh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is super cute and really quite easy to do. I am impressed!

    The Blonde B

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen a lot of washi tapes but never get the chance to design something using it. I'll give it a try anytime soon. :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow love the DIY, thanks for sharing this. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative! I understand very well how much of a pain landlords can we with their walls :/

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's really good that you thought of it. When you can't fight them, join them :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these ideas! I'm always looking for a good home-decor DIY project:)

    The Daily Delicacy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these ideas! I'm always looking for a good home-decor DIY project:)

    The Daily Delicacy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow these are so gorgeous, and look so easy to make too! I have so much washi tape lying around my house that I never use so I might have to give this a go. Adding the fairy lights is such a great idea too. Thanks for sharing!
    FloralsAndCoralsx//Our Blog
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  16. My sister did something like this in her dorm room, I've not used much washi tape aside from decorating packaging, but I love this! <3 /Madison
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  17. Washi tape is such an amazing handy dandy thing :) I haven't got round to getting any but I always browse through amazing DIYs using them. They look so great!! Thanks for sharing, lovely <3
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love how this turned out. Great DIY.
    BEAUTETUDE

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks fab! love doing simple things like that, such a cool way to make a space more unique :)

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  20. I only learned the existence of wash tapes earlier this year, late to the party as always. LOL! Great job at the decor, Yiota, it looks great!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow I love DIY & the washi tape is incredible :D

    Serene | I Am Serene L

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so cool!!! I love geometrics and all that so I will definitely be trying this out :)
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  23. So creative Yiota!! Υπεροχο!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow i love a bit of DIY every now and then! I am definitely going to be giving these a go!

    Darriyan xx
    www.darriyancateland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely way to brighten up your home! I've never come across this tape but I do have one or two DIY projects in mind it'd work a treat for :) x

    Viva Epernay | £100 Asos Voucher Giveaway! | Vote For Me - Beauty Blogging Awards

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haven't thought of this before. Thanks for sharing!

    xx, Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a creative idea! Thank you for sharing! =)

    xoxo
    Regina
    http://mybeautymusings.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love washi tape. Pinterest has so many ideas on how to use them. If I ever wanted to do it, i would head there! :D
    Angie | Chocolate & Lipstick | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great idea :D
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!

    www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is such a creative idea! You did a wonderful job with it.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so cool! I have so much washi tape I don't know what to do with, and this is such a great way to decorate your home

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is such a cute idea! I might do this to my room when I go to uni in September x

    ReplyDelete