Do it yourself - the most beautiful sandals for the beach - DIY



Summer means less clothes, less layering and comfortable outfits for every day. It also means flip flops and I must admit that I live in flip flops from May to October. They are comfortable enough to wear all day, at home, at the beach and I even wore a pair once at the office (oops!!) but fortunately, only a few people noticed haha!
Flip flops don't have to be boring at all and today I will show you different ways to decorate yours, using pom poms and tassels (I love tassels and pom poms at the moment). You can also use whatever material you want. I found many great ideas on Pinterest and I suggest you visit Pinterest before starting to get inspiration and to see how to mix and match the colours and materials! So let's start!

We will need:


* Flip flops (I am using two new pairs that I purchased for €2 each and also an old pair that needs upgrading)
* Glue gun (or a strong glue)
* Pom poms
* Tassels
** You can also use beads, feathers or any material you like

For the first pair, I started with the black pom pom fabric  and I glued it along the sandals. If you are using a glue gun, please make sure that you press the fabric down for at least 5-10 seconds cause sometimes plastic does not cooperate with the glue and it may fall off and you will need to glue it again (happened to me).  This is the result so far:



Then I started decorating the sandals using tassels and pom poms in different colours. I tried to make both flip flops the same to each other using the same colours, but you can do them differently if you want. Here is the final result of the first pair:



For the second pair, I only used pom poms that I glued together. For each pair, it took me about 30 minutes to finish. Which is amazing and it's so easy!  Here is the second pair:




Isn't it fun? Then, I had an old yellow pair that I didn't like and I thought why throw it away and not do something about it? I glued some pom poms to give it a different touch and for this one, I used pastel colours like baby pink, baby blue, lavender and yellow. I also used one large yellow pom pom in the middle of it. Here is the final result:



So what do you think? Do you like it? Is it something you are going to try? I like these kind of DIY's cause they are so easy to make and the materials used are not expensive at all. 


If you try and make them, please send me links so I can have a look at them! Hope you liked this tutorial, thanks for visiting here today and I will see you soon!


40 comments

  1. these are so cute! <3
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so easy and so cute! :) xxx

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this! You turned those flip flops around completely!
    Http://redreticule.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to the beach today! I'd really like to have these x Great post

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so adorable!! What a great DIY idea. Love this post girl!

    Xo, Emma | grandslamsandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in flip flops in the summer too! All of these flip flops look so cute, I love the little Pom Poms! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! This is such a great idea, I may try it!

    Love, Ina ♥ http://theradiantcherie.com/ /Since I lost all my subscribers - if you like my blog, please subscribe, thank you/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cool, I love pompoms they're so cute and make anything look nice!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, loved!
    - Bianca Unhas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute sandals
    Www.callmeponyboy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun! I would love to do this but my cat is OBSESSED with those little pom poms.. He would attack me! Such a cute idea :)

    The Daily Delicacy

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute and fun!!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cool idea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cool DIY! Great post.

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post and DIY dear, so creative! Thanks for sharing.

    Faye .x

    http://www.fayeisabella.co.uk/2016/07/simplicity.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so cool! We've finally got some sun here so I'm currently sitting here in flip flops haha :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  17. these look so cute!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. these are so cute! I'm going away soon and i will defo be trying these!

    Darriyan xx
    www.darriyancateland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww, these are some of the cutest sandals, Yiota! And it totally fit into the current pom pom trend too, what a perfect pair for the beach.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a chic idea, would love to try this! Perfect with the pom pom trend and so good with an easy and affordable DIY! Xx


    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Girl, you should start your own sandals boutique or something and make these for a living, you are so creative and talented and these are just too gorgeous! I love the colourful little pom poms, they're so cute and honestly they look so much better than the stuff you find in shops! :) <3 I'm pretty useless when it comes to any kind of DIY but I love sandals and I adore reading people's DIY tutorials so this was deffo such a fun read! :D You should do more of these hun. <3 And make a pair for me haha! :D <3 x x x Kisses. x x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to make these for a living many years ago but now I don't have much time. I do them for myself and for friends now. But I could do a pair for you if you want, these are sooooo cute and it is such an easy diy. So if you want a pair, just give me a ring :)

      Delete
  22. Ahhh so creative! These are just so cute and perfect for summer!! :)
    ♥NY
    Yours Truly, NY | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  23. How fun is this and such a great DIY idea! These are super cute and so on trend with those pom poms :)

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are so cute, adorable pom poms....love them...xoxo, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh I love them! They look so effective, and cute! xx

    Gemma • Miss Makeup Magpie ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a fun DIY!!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a fun DIY. There are so many different designs that you could come up with to suit your specific taste. Very cool.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pom poms can transform anything!

      Delete
  28. I LOVE the pom pom trend so much & you definitely did such a great job with this DIY, lovely! Wow!! If you were selling these, you'd have your 1st customer right here ;)
    So gorgeous & summer perfect :)
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pom poms too! My next diy will be an old handbag and I will transform it by using tassels and pom poms! I love them so much :) Thanks Nadia!

      Delete
  29. Oh thats a cool idea. Thanks for sharing <3

    Anam xoxo || www.anamspeaksbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh thats a cool idea. Thanks for sharing <3

    Anam xoxo || www.anamspeaksbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. These sandals are so fun! I have seen them in many places but I didn't thought I could DIY them, great idea!

    Cy | Dulce de Mango

    ReplyDelete
  32. these are so cute! thanks for sharing!

    http://natalyepronio.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh wow these all look incredible!!! I love the black with the bright pom poms best I think but they are all gorgeous, such a great idea! xxx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete