A photography post from my vacation - Crete 2016


Summer vacation for me means greek islands. Every summer since I finished school, I schedule to visit a greek island and honestly, I couldn't travel to anywhere else but Greece for summer vacation. Greek islands are a very popular summer destination and although I am from Cyprus and I live almost next to the beach, I always get excited to discover new places and lovely beaches I've never seen before. 

Crete is the largest greek island and the fifth largest of the Mediterranean sea.  I've been there two times already with my family and this trip was my third. I love this island so much and I would love to visit again.  The beauties of the island, the history, the food, the friendly people that greet and talk to you and welcome you with their traditional goodies, the small traditional villages that you discover by accident as you drive are some of the things that I love about Crete.  

And if we talk history, Crete is the place where Zeus grew up and lived and there are several myths surrounding this island.  I always loved the greek mythology and the stories behind the twelve gods and when I was little, these were the only books I wanted to read. So Crete amazes me every time I visit due to the history/mythology and it's so wonderful to be at the place that all these stories were supposed to happened. 

View from our balcony




Visiting the Palace of Knossos


Fresh fruits everywhere. Look at these colours!

The cutest little handmade plates

If you haven't eaten 'gyros' before, you are missing out. Gyros, tzatziki and french fries all wrapped in a crispy greek pitta bread. Omg these are so delicious!


Fresh fruits straight to our plate with ice-cream and 'kataifi' (traditional sweet)

The traditional drink of Crete is raki 
and they drink it in shots

Beautiful beaches






The most beautiful sunset


Relaxing at the beach drinking delicious cocktails


Hope you enjoyed this post of my vacation to Crete. Crete is an amazing island and totally worth visiting!

34 comments

  1. i'd love to go to Greece one day! i love your photos, Crete looks beautiful. i hope you had an amazing time:)

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Greek islands are so beautiful!

      Delete
  2. How beautiful! Wonderful pictures, thank you for sharing. :)
    Hannah | Whoops It's Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Υπέροχες φωτογραφίες !! Μαγική η Κρήτη !! φιλία <3 Έγινα και μέλος αν θες έλα και εσυ στη παρέα μας ;)
    http://evaeatstheapple1994.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Η Κρήτη είναι υπέροχη! Έγινα και εγώ μέλος, σε ευχαριστώ! :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a great time. A fun vacation is a must do. Fantastic images and thank you for the mini history lesson on Crete.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. these photos are gorgeous, I'd love to visit Crete one day! xo

    https://57-days.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/4-goals-for-next-3-months.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly recommend it! It's a beautiful island!

      Delete
  6. These photos are so pretty! The food looks delicious as well x

    Eleanorclaudie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so wish I was abroad right now, it looks stunning! So glad you had such a lovely holiday, your pictures are beautiful!

    http://www.makeerinover.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I am stunned at how beautiful Crete is. I need to add this to bucket list.
    Angie | Chocolate & Lipstick | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. That view is so amazing.I love these pictures.Breathtakingly beautiful
    sophieatieno.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah so jealous it looks beautiful and gorgeous photos.

    Nicole xx | www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh such a nice post, thank for sharing! Loooove it! :)


    https://beybiapril.wordpress.com/2016/07/05/kookizare-x-promdi-chic-cambridge-blue-circle/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Τι όμορφο post! Λατρεύω την Κρήτη και σε 20 μέρες περίπου θα είμαι και εγώ εκεί! Και για μένα θα είναι η 3η φορά που θα την επισκεφτώ! Αυτή τη φορά θα μείνω στον Άγιο Νικόλαο...Αν έχεις να μου προτείνεις κάτι θα χαρώ πολύ :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Εμείς μέναμε Χερσόνησο και πήγαμε μια μερα Αγιο Νικόλαο και Ελούντα. Η Ελούντα είναι πολύ όμορφο μέρος, θα δεις και τη Σπιναλόγκα και αν θες ψάρι, εκεί στο λιμάνι υπάρχουν πολύ ωραίες ταβέρνες πάνω στη θάλασσα! Σου εύχομαι να περασεις τέλεια, η Κρήτη είναι πανέμορφη!

      Delete
    2. Σε ευχαριστώ!
      θα σου πω εντυπώσεις όταν επιστρέψω :)

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks amazing here, your pictures are beautiful! I've always wanted to go to Greece:) Lovely post, and I hope you had a lovely time <3
    FloralsAndCoralsx//Our Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always wanted to go to Crete! I hear Greece is just wonderful - and judging by your photos I think that sounds about right ;)

    xx www.qustomquinns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was in Crete once, I remeber these places!!

    http://silvervea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. These pictures make me long for vacation!!! Love these shots and beach photos!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very interesting!

    Have a cool day!
    Photographer Gil Zetbase
    http://www.gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. The food looks so delicious! Love the photos! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never visited any part of Greece but have always wanted to! Looks like a beautiful place! Great photos x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg what a amazing photos! Greece look wonderful :)

    www.arielmiron.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful photos!! Love your photography!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice and relaxing pictures ;)
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: BARE SHOULDERS AND ABOUT MY HAIR

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gyros looks like basically the best food imaginable and now I'm hungry! What a lovely trip, I would like to visit Crete one day.

    fourcatsplusus.co.uk | Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  25. The photographs are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete