VICHY Purete Thermale Foaming Water


Last week, we were celebrating the Orthodox Easter here (it is usually two weeks after the Catholic Easter) and I went to visit my parents for four days, stay with them and celebrate Easter together. I always carry with me only the essentials regarding skincare and makeup, and I usually wear my sunscreen and a BB cream since I avoid heavy makeup on holidays.

But there was an essential product I forgot to take with me, and I rushed immediately to buy one, cause I could not spend four days away and not wash my face properly. Yes, I forgot to take with me a face cleanser. What an idiot. The most important thing in my routine (however I took with me 5-6 lipsticks in case I needed them haha, no comments please).


Anyways, I went to my nearest drugstore and there were plenty of cleansers to choose from. I wanted to try a new one and not buy a cleanser that I already have, as I love trying new skincare products all the time. Searching the shelf, my attention went immediately on the Vichy Purete Thermale Foaming Water. I don't know if this one is a new product or old (as I mentioned in a previous post, here in my country we get new arrivals of skincare products months later from the date they come out) but I decided to try it.

First of all, the packaging. How cute is the pink colour? I am not going to lie, it was the colour that attracted me the most, apart from the fact that this is a product from Vichy. I tried a long time ago other products from them and I loved them. It comes with a pump that dispenses a good amount of product and two pumps are enough to use on my face.


Looking at the bottle, the product is a transparent liquid, like water. But as soon as you pump it out, it becomes a thick foam ready to be used. No need to add water, just massage this on your face and you will feel the soft foam cleansing the makeup and impurities on your skin.


I haven't been using this for long, but from the first time that I tried it, I could tell that this product is here to stay. It does not dry out my skin, I feel it fresh and soft and it cleans my face well. I haven't tried to remove makeup with this, I prefer using wipes first and follow with a cleanser, but it is supposed to remove makeup.

Last, this cleanser has quite an intense scent. I don't mind but if you prefer products with a more natural scent, this is not for you.

Have you tried this cleanser? What are your thoughts about it?

28 comments

  1. Love the pictures and the Vichy water looks good, I'll add it to my shopping trip next :)

    myramyla.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! it look great and sound amazing! I would love to try it :) Thanks for sharing :)
    xx Jamie | With Love, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a lot of people hate foaming cleansers, but I personally love them as they don't dry my skin out! I haven't tried this one, but it sounds lovely, just as you, I've rarely been disappointed by a Vichy product!

    http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a good product, I love Vichy as well!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow really fancy trying this!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol sometimes I'm the same way. On a trip last year I forgot to bring my toothbrush but did remember to bring 3 different highlighters because those were definitely essential ;) Not gonna lie, the pink color makes me want to buy it too!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your blog, i'm a new follower!

    it's my beginning on blogspot - so enjoy :)
    ›woytowicz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't noticed this cleanser so thank you for the review! I'll need to check it out the next time I'm at the drugstore.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Thanks for the review! Lovely pictures, too -xx

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Thanks for the review! Lovely pictures, too -xx

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never heard of this, maybe we don't have it in the US, but I do love a good gentle cleanser. It's a must for me.

    Nereyda│ This Girl Is Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  12. Τέλειο!!!!!!! Αγαπημένη Vichy!!!!!! Θα το δοκιμάσω σίγουρα!!!!!

    cosmetologylover.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing a great review!

    I write Mademoiselle Meets Maquillage and Macaroons and I would love for you to give it a read, maybe we can follow each other on Bloglovin?

    www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    Deepti xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, you are so right, the packaging is cute! I'd totally buy this just for the pink packaging. :D Having said that, I haven't had much luck with Vichy products in the past. A lot of them seem to always irritate my skin! Does this cleanser contain alcohol? x Thanks for sharing the review, hun!

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use this product as well and as a beautician I have to say that I really like Vichy collection. Good quality and great skin products <3
    xx
    http://putitallonme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl, the same thing has happened to me, while visiting my in-laws or parents. Thankfully my mom had a cleanser and my mother-in-law always keeps the spare bathroom stocked with my favorite things...isn't she sweet! Glad you picked a winner...I would have chosen it for the color too! LOL!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you found a winner- and I'm loving the pink color, too!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't tried this before, but sure wouldn't mind trying. Sounds great to me. :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome review! Seems like a nice product!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. The packaging is super cute... pink right :) I am going to check it out this for sure next time I am at drugstore :) x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Okay...I am sold on the packaging alone. LOVE that pink colour!

    Katie. xx La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
  22. This product sounds awesome.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the look of the product! Not usually a fan of foaming cleansers, but this one sounds lovely.
    xo Anne - Doves & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like a keeper indeed, nice. I don't think I could personally put up with the scent.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have heard a lot about Vichy products and this one sounds interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This seems like a very nice product! I love cleansers, too and I always look forward to trying new ones. The "mousse" one is such a pleasant texture, I have tried the Caudalie foaming mousse too and it was very nice. xx

    Silvia
    www.theskincabinet.com

    ReplyDelete