Review: Wishtrend Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water


A new product has landed in my doorstep a while ago and this is another amazing product from Wishtrend.
By Wishtrend Mandelic 5% Skin Prep Water* is a hydrating and non-irritating exfoliant that can be used daily. Formulated with Mandelic Acid, it acts as an exfoliating treatment that improves the skin tone and texture while boosting the effectiveness of other products. 


What is Mandelic Acid?
Mandelic acid is an increasingly popular alpha hydroxy acid derived from the hydrolysis of an extract of bitter almonds. It has been studied extensively for its uses in treating common skin problems such as photo-ageing, irregular pigmentation and acne.

The molecular structure of mandelic acid is larger than better known alpha hydroxy acids such as glycolic acid and lactic acid.

Key ingredients
Mandelic Acid 
Beta-Glucan 
Panthenol 
Centella Asiatica Extract 
Sodium Hyaluronate

The Mandelic Acid helps to improve the skin tone and texture. As a mild exfoliator that works on the surface of the skin, it is safe to use even for sensitive skin to avoid the use of harsh chemical exfoliation. Effective for acne due to its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial properties. 



More about the Key Ingredients:
Mandelic acid
As one of the AHA ingredients, it has a large molecular size which causes very little irritation to the skin.
It helps to improve pigmentation as well as to restore aged skin. It also has antibacterial properties that are effective for inflammatory acne. 

Beta-Glucan
Moisturizing, redness reduction, anti-inflammatory and soothing effects. 

Panthenol
Also known as vitamin B5, it acts as a humectant and moisturizer, improving the skin’s abilities to regenerate and to maintain hydration. It is also used to prevent inflammation and to prevent itching. 

Centella Asiatica Extract
Helps regenerate damaged skin. 

Sodium Hyaluronate
As a natural moisturizing factor, it attracts moisture and helps retain moisture within the skin, preventing dryness after exfoliation.

Recommended For:
-Sensitive skins: less irritation. 
-Dry skin: moisturizing effect. 
-Acne-prone skin: anti-bacterial effect.



Once you apply this toner* to your skin, you immediately feel a tingling sensation but not much to worry about irritating the skin. The main results I got were a smooth surface of my skin, like a baby's bottom I would descibe it. My pores look smaller and tighter too, which is really important for me since I have been battling with large pores my whole life.

In these last months I have been using it, my skin hasn't shown any sensititivity or irritation, the formula is gentle and it's a great option for sensitive types.

Will I repurchase it? Of course, it's a must product in my night skincare routine and I will make sure I replace it when I run out.

Have you tried this toner? 


*PR product

No comments