Let's talk about serums


Hello my lovely ladies. I am back with a skincare post and today I talk about four serums I am currently using in my skincare routine. Serums are well known to the beauty world as powerful moisturizers that deliver active ingredients to the skin, that is why serums are used after cleansing and toning the skin.

Serums are lighter in texture but higher in consistency of ingredients and they are best to be used under a moisturizing cream. Serums target different concerns such as anti-ageing properties, to brighten skin, reduce wrinkles, firm and improve skin's texture or boost hydration. 

If you ask 'do I need a serum in my skincare routine' the answer is 'it depends'. If you feel your regular routine isn't enough and your moisturizer doesn't give you the results you want, perhaps it's time to start using a serum prior your moisturizing cream. In my case, the answer is yes. Serums are a must for me, my 36 year old mature skin needs as much help possible and when you start using a serum and notice the difference in texture and how skin feels and looks, their is no turning back. Take my word for it.



9wishes Perfect Ampule Collagen Serum*
This is a highly concentrated ampule but extremely light weight. It has the lightest formula I have ever tried in a serum, almost like water but slightly thicker in texture. It absorbs within seconds and it has not fragrance. It is recommended for those who have dry, tired and dull skin and promises to promote skin elasticity, nourish skin and replenish vital energy. 

It is composed with Hydrolysed Collagen, Marine Collagen and Coenzyme Q10. While testing this serum, I noticed that my skin feels soft when I apply it but somehow it feels that is isn't enough. It feels that it is not moisturized well so I use this layered with another serum since it 'needs help'. I was not impressed with the results while using it on it's own, I feel it does nothing for my skin but leave it soft. 
$10.99

It's Skin Power 10 Formula VC Effector
Probably one of the nicest formulas I tried. It has a thick texture and feels luxurious on the skin but it thins out as soon as you apply it and absorbs quickly.  It claims to brighten, smoothen and moisturize skin and it does all these things and more. I noticed that my skin feels plump and more refreshed than usual and gives a healthy glow. It is not greasy at all and has a lovely fresh citrus scent that I adore.

The only downside I have with this product, is the fact that 30ml is a small quantity and runs out fast. I mean, I have other serums in the same quantity that are thinner in texture and they last longer than this one but due to the thick and luxurious texture of the VC Effector, it seems that it's gone already, my bottle is left with 1/3 of the product which is a shame, I love it so much I want to use it more. 

I recommend this product and I am definitely going to re-purchase soon but I also like to try other serums from this range, next on my list is the WR Effector and the Propolis Formula.
$12.99


Rainbow Beauty - SOC Fresh Cell Intensive Vitamin E Serum (Pumpkin)
When I ordered this serum, I thought it was a moisturizing cream but I was glad I received a serum since I can layer it with other serums on my night time routine. It is thicker in texture than other serums and more concentrated and needs to be massaged longer to be fully absorbed, but I like how my skin feels after I use it. I normally use one pump and it is more than enough. It fully moisturizes my skin and sometimes I may not use a moisturizing cream if I feel to lazy and my skin is totally fine by that. This product gives my skin the hydration it needs.

It has Vitamin E that improves skin by slowing down the aging process. I will try more from this range and if you are interested in this product, I purchased it from YesStyle and you can find it here.
$10.90



The Ordinary 'Buffet' Serum
This product and all The Ordinary products need no introduction, I am 100% sure every single one of you tried these products. After all the madness on these (I believe it was a time last year, a week maybe, when all I read on my feed was about The Ordinary brand, so I thought everyone is using and loving them, so I ordered a few to try). The Ordinary products are extremely affordable, prices start from 5euros.

The 'Buffet' is a multi-technology peptide serum and targets multiple signs of aging at once. It is a clear, runny gel in texture and has no scent. I use this on my night routine and I use four drops and massage it all over my face; it is absorbed within seconds.  As for the anti-aging properties, I don't really know if it reduces or diminishes wrinkles since I don't have deep wrinkles but it has certainly softened thin lines around my mouth and eyes and it's great to use for prevention. Works nicely under other serums and my skin feels plump and bright. Totally recommend this product.
$16.00




Do you use serums in your skincare routine? What products are you currently using?


*This product was sent to me for free but all opinions are my own and 100% honest.

No comments