Look Fantastic Birthday Box - September 2017


Yeah, you read that right. Review on the Look Fantastic Birthday Box - September 2017. I am not late, they are late. This box left the building on September 2nd but arrived in my doorstep on October 13th. So what happened? I wasn't planning on writing a review on this box, it's last month's box, it's out of stock but I finally decided to write this post and also  share my thoughts on customer service which left me disappointed.


It's been almost a year since I did my last review on a beauty subscription box and then I decided to use the money I paid for subscription boxes on products I really wanted to buy instead of receiving some random products. But then again, I love to discover new brands and test products I haven't tried before so Look Fantastic seemed the best option since their boxes are always amazing and prices start from £13.00 depending on your subscription.

I was so glad to start my subscription with this box on September, since it is a celebration box for Look Fantastic 3rd birthday! BUT (there is a huge but here), I ordered this box at the beginning of September and I received it in the middle of October, I mean, it took for the package a month and a half to arrive which is weird since it usually takes a week or a week and a half from a European country, but a month and a half is just too much. 


But scratch that, things like this happen and sometimes the post office does not handle the packages on time, and for that I am willing to give it one more chance. However, I am truly disappointed on customer service, I mean, I was emailing and making contacts with them via twitter and email  every other day in order to figure out what is happening and it took me almost 2 weeks to get a right answer, in fact, I got ''2 answers''. The one on email told me that this box is out of stock and I will receive a refund shortly (I never did) and the one on twitter replied ''our Operations team will be placing a manual order for your replacement beauty box and I expect this to be sent out within 48 hours''. 

What? The two replies were completely different. They were supposed to send me a new box? But how? They already confirmed that the box is out of stock so what were they planning to send? God knows. Anyways, this conversation kept going for two weeks, the one was insisting that I will receive a replacement and the other that I will receive a refund since the box is out of stock. 

''This month’s #LFBEAUTYBOX is a starry-eyed surprise, filled with products to get you excited to celebrate our birthday with us in style! You will uncover some of our favourite beauty products from the very best brands that we cannot live without. Plus, there’s a bonus “sweet” surprise contained within every box this month, which will guarantee you will be perfectly party prepped!''






This month’s box has a total value of over £72 and also a copy of Elle magazine is included in every box.

First of all, the box. How pretty is this and it makes you feel like you received your own birthday present. Mind you, I keep all boxes I receive in my beauty room and I use them for storage and they are also perfect for travelling, to keep your makeup and skincare products in place in your luggage.

What's in the box:

Christophe Robin Cleansing Densifying Rassoul Paste – 40 ml Value $8.50 - I haven't tried any products from this brand before and I am excited for this one

Eve Lom Cleanser & Muslin Cloth – 20 ml Value $24 - a multi-award beauty balm that removes makeup (also waterproof mascara) and gently exfoliates skin, leaving it soft and clean

Hikari Tonya Eye Shadow Quad – Value $15 - four beautiful shades for fall in this beautiful compact palette, highly pigmented and perfect for travelling

Decléor Hydra Floral Anti-pollution Hydrating Gel-cream - a gel cream for hydration

Illamasqua Gel Sculpt in Silhouette - a dark brown contouring gel that is easy to work with to give definition to cheeks. The colour looks darker on the tube than in real life but it's perfect for my medium skin tone

Look Fantastic Unicorn Eyeshadow Brush - the most beautiful unicorn brush, I am so glad to add this to my brush collection

Look Fantastic Lollipop by Holly's Lollies



Well, the Hikari Tonya Eye Shadow Quad arrived broken. As soon as I opened the package, two small plastic particles fell off and when I opened the quad, it was broken. I personally think it was like this when it was sent out, it was wrapped beautifully in the large box so it seems impossible it got broken during transition. Was I sent a second (replacement) box for the one it got lost in mail and they just added the broken quad since the box was out of stock and they prepared the box last minute just to make me happy? Probably, but I paid for this box and I expected to receive it in perfect condition and I didn't.  The other products are great and I will definitely add them to my skincare routine but I received a broken palette and I am disappointed.

My subscription is yearly but I will try one more box (October) and see what happens. If I don't receive it by the end of October, I will cancel it. It's not worth all the fuss and emailing them and trying to figure out where the hell my package is.

Thank you for reading this review and my apologies for being all negative today but I wanted to write my honest thoughts on this subscription box, I feel disappointed, I feel that they didn't treat me like a valuable customer.



No comments