NYX Professional Makeup Haul & Nicosia Grand Opening Event

 

 It is always exciting when a new makeup store opens in your city, isn't it? And I am talking about the NYX Professional Makeup store that opened last week and welcomed each and every one of us. 

The new NYX Cosmetics store in Nicosia opened on Friday 17th of March and of course, I had to attend. I wanted to experience this great opening and have the joy of trying all NYX products I have been ordering online for so long and not being able to test them before purchasing. I was thrilled to swatch every lipstick shade (I did!), have a chat with the lovely consultants and talk about new products and also their recommendations.

NYX is a brand that appeals to everyone and it's been on the market since 1999. The founder of this brand had a dream; to give all ''makeup junkies'' the tools to experiment with makeup and express themselves through makeup in affordable prices.  Today the community of NYX Professional Makeup counts more than 10 million followers on Instagram worldwide, making the brand in the third position of the brands with the most followers.

I purchased three lip products and everyone received a lovely surprise, a beautiful pink makeup bag in the shape of lips as a gift, with two full size lip products in it, which made me even more excited since it gave me the opportunity to try more lip products I haven't tried before.


NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in 724 Chaos & 720 Honey Nectar
The Jumpo Lip Pencils serve both as lip liners and lipsticks and the formula is creamy, soft and moisturising. It is basically a creamy lipstick in a pencil form.

724 Chaos is a strawberry pink shade.

720 Honey Nectar is a dusty pink shade perfect for every day.



NYX Matte Lipstick in Perfect Red
This matte lipstick is loaded with a rich colour that stays on for hours and does not feel dry on the lips.  Perfect Red is a bright blue toned red that looks gorgeous and feels so comfortable. I don't think I own a bright red like this one and I cannot wait to play with it and create several looks.

(I received this product as a gift)


NYX Butter Lipstick in Root Beer Float 
NYX Pops was on my wishlist for so long but I couldn't find it anywhere in Cyprus so I had to either order it online or wait till it arrives in a shop. Apparently, NYX changed the names of the butter lipsticks so Pops is now known as Root Beer Float, same product, different name.

This is highly pigmented and indeed buttery. It is a mauvy pink nude shade, similar to my natural lip colour but slightly darker.


NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu
The first thing you notice about these butter glosses is the fact that these have dessert related names, how cool is that. Tiramisu is a beautiful nude shade that looks awesome on the lips, it's creamy and leaves a glossy finish. Best thing? Tastes like a dessert, sooo sweet. Next on my list is Creme Brulee, a pink nude shade and Peaches & Cream, a soft coral shade perfect for spring.

(I received this product as a gift)



I would also like to share a few photos I took from the event. It was so crowded but thankfully I managed to take some pictures of the store and also the amazing products!
















Hope you enjoyed this post, I sure enjoyed this event and a big thank you to NYX Cyprus for hosting this.

Hope you have an amazing week and I will see you soon.

No comments