Favourite product of the month - ELF Jumbo Eyeshadow in French Lace



Don't be fooled by this picture; I took it when I first received this jumbo pencil eyeshadow from ELF at the beginning of summer, but now, it is almost half. I have been using it regularly, i.e. every single day.



In summer, I wear minimal makeup every day and no foundation at all, I prefer BB creams or tinted sunscreen and I aim for a natural look.  For makeup, I usually go with a single (and shimmery) eyeshadow to give some definition, an eye liner, some bronzer or blush and of course, lipstick.


This product is not new, it's been out there for years, but I ordered it a few months ago.  I trust ELF, it is a great and affordable company and I usually purchase ELF products from i-herb, their official website does not ship here.

You will receive a jumbo pencil in a champagne colour. A lovely champagne colour with shimmer. It is excellent to use as a base or in my case, as a single eyeshadow paired with a liquid eyeliner.  

This is not longlasting, it starts disappearing after 2-3 hours, but I don't know if it is the fact that the temperature here is so high (39-40 Celcius) and the eyeshadow cannot stay in place.  I like how easy this can be applied and how nice it blends.  I usually don't have much time in the morning to get ready, so I grab this, apply, blend and I love that it gives me a nice shimmer on my eyelid and also a hint of colour; just the right amount I need for a natural day look.


The product itself is soft and so easy to use.  It can also be used in the corners of the eye for more definition or even as a highlighter. I haven't tried it on my cheeks but I intend to use it as a highlighter and see how it performs.

Overall, I really like this product and I like that 1) it is affordable 2) comes in a variety of colours to choose from and 3) it is so easy to use.

Have you tried the ELF Jumbo Pencil Eyeshadows before? What are your thoughts?

44 comments

  1. I love ELF products. So affordable with great quality.
    XOXO, Rachel
    http://www.rachelvogttrends.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although it isn't long lasting it looks like the kind of product that can easily be topped up, which is ideal really!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful. Almost like a highlighter. I always enjoy an easy eyeshadow that will make my makeup look fresh and natural.

    Deni
    denisday.org| Beauty & Plus Size Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how easy is to use this product, apply, blend and out of the door haha! Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. Great review , thanks a lot for this :* ♥

    Love Beba, www.bebagottel.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it's lovely! Such a great review thanks! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not tried these since I didn't think they would last long, but I'm glad to red your review Nice to know all the options out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not longlasting but I love this shade!

      Delete
  7. Love the shimmer, but 2-3 hours is a terrible lasting time! Lovely that it is easy to use though! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this does not last long but I love it so much!

      Delete
  8. It looks like a beautiful shade! I'm a sucker for shimmery products. And Elf always has such amazing products! I'm a huge fan of the their blush and bronzer duo
    XO Kate
    Katekoutures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love shimmery products too, no I don't love them, I am obsessed haha! Thanks!

      Delete
  9. It looks like a beautiful shade! I'm a sucker for shimmery products. And Elf always has such amazing products! I'm a huge fan of the their blush and bronzer duo
    XO Kate
    Katekoutures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a pretty shade! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't tried any Elf products, but this looks nice.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to try these. Pretty shade.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never tried this pencil but I'm intrigued :) E.L.F. is such a lovely brand though sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. Love the shade of this one, babes! I'm sure you rocked it!!
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some products are great, some are not working! I love that ELF is so affordable and suitable for low budgets! :)

      Delete
  14. For the price you pay this sounds totally amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love elf so much but I haven't tried this yet! I love the pigmentation I see so I will definitely get this whenever I see it
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! I will visit your blog asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. so good and nice blog thanks for sharing this post voonik kurtis at 299 | voonik kurtis at 249

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your blog, its really dope.
    Do you want to follow each other?
    If you want, than follow me, and let me know in comments, so I can follow you back with pleasure.
    We can follow each other on Instagram @andjela.dujovic, let me know in the comments so I can follow you back.

    www.bekleveer.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds great! I've used an Elf eye primer before and it's great so I have confidence that this will be just as good. I love how affordable this is too, I'll definitely be checking it out! x

    |Georgia Megan|

    ReplyDelete
  20. This colour is simply gorgeous! I think I would be tempted to use it as a highlighter too.

    fourcatsplusus.co.uk | Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to see this eye shadow on your eyes!!! Are you from Cyprus?? Tikanis Malaka ;)

    XOXO
    kellmenow | http://www.kellmenow.com/blog/2016/8/25/rain-rain-stay-away
    Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/kell_menow/
    Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/kellmenow/?fref=ts
    Twitter | https://twitter.com/kell_menow
    BlogLovin | https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/blog-kellmenow-14252307

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post! Thanks for sharing.

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  23. The shade is so pretty!!! I love affordable products that actually work <3
    xoxo

    Ileana

    Novelstyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh! It looks lovely, thanks for such a great review.

    www.tessyonyia.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh! It looks lovely, thanks for such a great review.

    www.tessyonyia.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. The shade is so beautiful! Kinda looks like a highlighter. Elf has some really great products. x

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that shade! I used to buy from ELF a lot but it seems to have slipped my radar recently!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete