A favourite face oil: Ikarov Anti-age face oil


I have been using face oils for quite some time now and they definitely make a huge difference in the texture of my skin.  I cannot think of my beauty routine without using a face oil; day or night.  And even though I have combination to oily skin, this does not stop me from using a face oil as it does a great job in hydrating my skin and I would use anything that acts against early aging.  
There is a misconception around the beauty world as to 'why use an oily product on my face if I already have an oily face'?  But the benefits from using a face oil are so many and if you are not using a face oil by now, you should definitely start.


I started using the Ikarov anti-age face oil for combined skin last winter, cause my skin was getting drier than usual and I wanted to add an extra product in my routine to give additional hydration and protection from the dry, cold and windy weather. It is a natural product with ingredients such as olive phytosterols, jojoba and grape seed oils.

From the page:
''This oil regulates fat secretion and nourishes the skin. It penetrates deeply without leaving an oily layer.  The base oil, which is a mixture of olive phytosterols, jojoba and grape seed oils regulates the fatty secretion and tightens up pores.  It forms a protective layer that reduces the unpleasant shine of the skin.  The grape seed oil has procyanidin, that is considered the most powerful natural 'hunter' of free radicals protecting skin cells from early aging.''


I use this product mostly at night when I have more time to pamper myself, or at the weekends when I am at the comfort of my home and I have more time to take care of my skin.  I sometimes use this face oil in the afternoon, when I take a quick shower during the day and I need to add a light moisturising product, so I use this oil instead of my moisturising cream.  I always use the face oil after deeply washing my face so my skin is clean enough to absorb the natural ingredients that this oil has to offer.

This oil instantly absorbs into the skin. The directions from the official page of Ikarov products, is to massage the oil using light horizontal motions along face and neck.  Self-massage stimulates blood circulation of skin, puffiness is reducesdand skin elasticity is increased.

I cannot describe how beneficial this oil is to my skin and how much it has improved due to the regular use during the last months.  I see that the texture has changed and improved, fine lines around my mouth have almost disappeared and my neck and under chin area look are smoother and tighter.


The packaging of this product is a plastic small bottle that is nothing special, it is not a fancy or luxury packaging, but I don't mind because of the obvious: the product itself is amazing so having a great packaging is secondary to me. But I would say that I prefer having an oil in a plastic bottle instead of a glass bottle; lighter, travel friendly and less slippery when used. So yes, a plastic bottle is a bonus in this situation.

I totally recommend trying the Ikarov products as they are really affordable and they have oils for every skin type.  As you can see from the picture above, I am currently using my second bottle (yes, one of the two bottles is empty haha) and I intend to use this one for as long as my skin will need extra attention and anti-aging care.

You can find more information about the Ikarov face oils here.


44 comments

  1. Lovely highlighting on how oils are beneficial for the skin! I use coconut oil for everything on a daily basis, so so happy to read this post! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a really cool product!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the first time I've heard of face oils. Haven't seen one in the market even.... When I'm lucky enough to spot a face oil in the mall, I'm definitely gonna try it (hopefully, it doesn't end up giving me an even oilier face). Thanks for sharing babe.

    MicaThere's More to Mica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd really love to try out this face oil, I just love them in general, and never miss a chance to try out a promising one :)
    Thanks for sharing and have a great day!
    xx
    Stella
    www.stellaasteria.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a strong believer in facial oils too and I am currently rotating between a 100% organic cold pressed rosehip oil and camellia oil and my skin is looking much better without any dry spots. Never heard of this brand though, are they easily available worldwide?

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are available in Europe but I am not sure if they are available worldwide.

      Delete
  6. I have oily skin too and for years I avoided face oils. That is until this year and after I started using them my face has never felt better and it is actually less oily.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is that reminder I needed (+such a great recommendation!), hon. I must check it out + explore the world of facial oils because they are so beneficial. I have started noticing fine lines here and there (not very many but still - age is not being my buddy lol). Thank you soooo much for a fab recommendation. I am bookmarking this post <3
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds awesome! Great post! :)

    Xo, Emma | http://grandslamsandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This face oil sounds great! Definitely something to try out in the future! - Mollie | www.theperksofmolliequirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting product, I'm going to check more out this product in their website. Thanks for this valuable information.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love face oil and like you I couldn't live without it. Sounds like an interesting brand, will be checking this one.
    xo Anne - Doves & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never heard of this brand but their products sound amazing. I should really try face oil, especially because I got very dry skin xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm v interesting post!
    Will definitely give these a try as I've been on a skin hype lately!

    www.thatgurlsolomon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this oil sounds like such a great product, never heard of it before, thanks for letting us know about it!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks great

    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo it sounds so great! I love using face oils too, especially at night!
    x Emily
    http://shedoes.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never heard of this brand before! And I havent tried any face oil before

    VVEEKEND 101

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a feeling face oils will give me the extra skin boost I've been seeking lately since returning from my time in France - my skin needs some serious TLC! Fab review :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing recommendation! I love applying oils to my skin, and my skin is also oily. I wish I knew before that there were oils meant for oily skin, I'll check them out.

    Cy | Dulce de Mango

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really wasn't sure about facial oils to start with for the same reason - I thought they'd make my skin more oily. I regularly use it now though, so glad I gave it a try. P.s your pictures are so beautiful!

    Laura xx | Loved By Laura

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sounds like a really lovely oil, I'm so glad you've noticed such amazing results xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a lovely review <3

    xx,
    www.liviapangdoko.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wasn't using face oils a lot before but now I love how they make my skin look. There are so many that I want to try and I believe the benefits of the oils. I haven't heard this brand before, I love fast absorbing oils!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  24. These sound great, thanks for sharing your review :)

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohh, this little oil sounds absolutely amazing! Like you said, the packaging isn't fancy but I think that's perfectly okay, it looks quite nice and practical. :) I'm still not really into the whole oils game myself but I do enjoy reading about them, I actually have a little list of oils that I want to check out, and I'll deffo be adding this one to it so thanks for sharing, hun! :) <3 It sounds super effective and I like that it's enriched with some much natural goodness. Hope you're well, kisses. x x x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh this looks really divine. I definitely need to invest in an oil like this!

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
  27. Definitely going to look into the ingredients of these, I like supporting lesser well known brands. Love how light and bright you've managed to get your photos!

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love to try this! Thanks for sharing :D

    Have a lovely day!

    xoSE
    http://www.sashaelizabeth.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm not using any face oil at the moment but I should definitely update my skin care routine because hot weather makes my skin crazy!
    http://michaelavebrova.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the idea of an oil for every skin type! lovely review :)

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have tried other oils and didn't really like them, but I think this one might be different! Great post. :-)
    April xx

    | APRIL ROSE PENGILLY |

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have oily skin and love face oils, as well, but only use them at night.
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
  33. This product sounds great, I would love to try it.

    fourcatsplusus.co.uk | Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  34. This sounds amazing! I will have to try it when the weather starts to cool down again as I also get really dry skin during the winter months xx

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great post! I've never tried this brand but it looks so good :)

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. These sound lovely! I have been very lazy with face oils lately but you've inspired me to get back into a good skincare routine.
    Emma | http://www.fluffandfripperies.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really want to include facial oils into my routine ;)
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. This oil sounds really nice! I love th josie Maran Argan Oil and the Tarte Maracuja Oil!

    Abby Talks

    ReplyDelete
  39. This sounds incredible. I will need to keep my eyes peeled for this one x

    Tiffany Tales – A British Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  40. I like to use face oils in the winter months, summer is bit too humid in these parts for face oils but in the winter it is super dry so they are a life saver then. And these sound good!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I need to check themout. Sounds like great products.
    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. i've heard a lot of things about argan oil, might have to check them out since they're always receiving great reviews x

    http://www.fionnac.com

    ReplyDelete