Two bold lipsticks from Catrice


I haven't tried many products from Catrice before but it is a brand I read a lot about in blogs and I always wanted to explore and try more of their range of products. 

Sadly, this brand isn't available in my country, even though it is a sister company of Essence, a brand I have been trying a lot in the past couple of years and I have found some gems in their collection of products.

I received a lovely box from Catrice weeks ago and I have been trying these two lipsticks I was kindly sent.


The first lipstick comes from their Prisma Chrome range and it is the shade 040 Blue & Berries*.  This range has a variety of eight lipsticks that includes nude, brown, purple and red shades. 

This one is a metallic true dark purple shade and has blue shimmers in it. Not the shade I would normally wear, but to my surprise, it's really nice and even though it is darker than the lipsticks I wear, I really like it. In the tube, it appears dark almost vampy but on the lips, it is much lighter. The formula is creamy and it is applied nicely on the lips.


The second lipstick comes from the Catrice Ultimate Color range and it is shade 530 Purple Steam*. It is extremely creamy and pigmented and gives a rich and intense colour with only one swipe. It feels comfortable on the lips and if I have to make a comparison between this one and the Essence lipsticks, I would say that this one feels more luxurious.

What I love about the packaging, is the embossed Catrice name on both lipsticks, a special touch that makes it look more expensive than it is.

(Wearing Purple Steam lipstick)

(Wearing Prisma Chrome lipstick)


Both lipsticks are lovely, they are out of my comfort zone but now I tried them, I like both. Perhaps with a full face makeup they will look better, I am not wearing any makeup here. The shade 530 Purple Steam will look awesome with a soft smokey eye or perhaps a soft blue eyeshadow, blue and purple match so well together.

Are you a fan of bold dark lipsticks? Have you tried purple or dark purple before?

Happy new month!!! I know I say this all the time but how is it already July? I hope you are having a lovely Sunday and I will see you soon!! 




*I was gifted these items but all opinions are my own and 100% honest.

No comments