Beauty secrets for great skin



Hello everyone and Happy New Year!! Can you believe that today is the first day of the new year?? It is amazing how time passes and it's the beginning of 2017. I hope that everyone is having the best day today and I wish everyone a happy 2017 full of love, great memories and happy times and dreams coming true! 


So this is my first post of the new year and it's all about my beauty secrets to have great skin. 

It is natural for a girl to start experimenting with makeup and skincare products from early age. I remember myself at the age of 6-7 stealing my mum's lipsticks and eyeshadow palettes and creating my own makeup looks, which of course were ridiculous and I looked like I was about to join the circus! Then, at the age of 20+ I was interested more in skincare products than makeup and apart from lipsticks that are my favorite beauty item, I think I still love skincare products more than makeup.

Beauty secrets are passed from our grandmothers to our mums and aunts and then to us. I learned many tips and tricks from my mum and great secrets from friends who were kind enough to share them with me.


 Cleansing is #1: this is the most important thing for me. I believe that in order to have great skin and be able to absorb all the great ingredients we add to it every day, our skin must be extra clean. I always do a two-step cleanse and I usually wash my face with a foam or gel cleanser and then I use a toner or a micellar water to remove any dirt or impurities left.

 A good face mask is a must: I aim to do a face mask at least twice a week, sometimes I manage to do three times a week. I love face masks and they are really important because they provide nutritional ingredients to our skin, making it more supple, bright and face masks give the extra glow our skin needs. There are masks for every skin type and every problem; anti-ageing face masks, to fight acne, to minimize pores etc. However, my favorite face masks to use are clay masks. I love how clean and bright my skin looks after using one.

 It is really important to relax and have some 'me' time: our skin reflects us and what we eat, drink or our mood shows in our skin. My worst is when I am stressed or having a difficult day and it immediately shows in my face. My skin becomes darker and more wrinkled and it is amazing how many new fine lines appear in one day. So it is really important to take a break and relax and there are so many ways to do it. Have a hot bubble bath and play relaxing music, enjoy a cup of hot tea or a glass of your favorite wine or switch off your phone and read a magazine of a book. This will take your mind off things and will help you relax.

 Use SPF every day: not only when outside or when on holidays. Our skin is exposed to the sun every day and it is really important to protect it. Buy a good SPF sunscreen and use it religiously, your skin will thank you in ten years. There are many great brands I tried and these include Avene, Korres and La Roche Posay, all these brands make great sunscreens and you should try them.

 Drink water: I know that this is a cliche, but it's the truth. Our body is 70% made of water so aim to drink at least 1,5-2 liters of water daily. Your skin will be extra hydrated and glowy, you will need no foundation.


What are your beauty secrets? Share them with me!

No comments