Before I hit 30, I didn't have this skin care obsession I have now and the only products I used for my face was soap and moisturising cream. But after my birthday and the appearance of the first tiny tiny wrinkle around my eyes, I was panicked! I never thought that ageing was going to be a big deal, but it was.
So I made my research and found lots of great products that are excellent for my skin and I like to educate myself as to what I must use but also what things to avoid that result to premature ageing.
These tips might be obvious, but I am sure that nobody is following them regularly.
1. Use sunscreen 365 days/year: it is really important to wear sunscreen protection even in winter cause the sun is so close to us and is damaging our skin. We are also supposed to use it when we are at home. So use your sunscreen ladies!
2. Follow a healthy diet: what we put in our body is the reflection of our skin, so avoid fried food and junk food and follow a balanced diet.
3. Eat your veggies: I like to eat my veggies in a salad or as a snack in the afternoon. Hungry? Cut two carrots in slices, add a pinch of pepper and lemon and you have the perfect snack. Yummy!
4. Eat at least 3 portions of fruit daily: there are so many delicious fruits out there. If you don't like them on their own, make a fruit salad or a fruit smoothie.
5. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day: it is very important to stay hydrated; water is the most important nutrient. It helps maintain body temperature, washes out toxins and helps with digestion.
6. Make sure you sleep at least 7-8 hours daily: sleep, sleep, sleep.
7. Do not sleep with your face pressed against the pillow: this was my favourite sleeping position until I discovered that pressing your face down creates more wrinkles. Now I try to sleep on my back.
8. Limit your alcohol intake: alcohol is bad for us, do you hear me?
9. Avoid sugar as much as possible: sugar is not good for us, we all know it. Limit your daily intake and your body will not crave sugar anymore.
10. Start exercising: you don't have to go to the gym if you don't want to... take a long walk in the park near you, take the stairs instead of the elevator, find something that motivates you to start exercising.
11. Eat berries: they are full of antioxidants.
12. Massage your face: at least once a week, massage your face for 5-10 minutes using an essential oil. Doing this regularly will increase the blood circulation.
13. Wash your face correctly: choose the right products for your skin type,but do not overdo it with cleansing at it gives you the opposite results.
14. Quit smoking immediately: need I say more?
15. Use anti-ageing products: use creams and serums with anti-ageing ingredients to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
16. Moisturise your skin every day: face, legs, hands, neck.
17. Drink green tea: it is full of anti-ageing properties.
18. Avoid stress and negative thinking: fill your life with positive thoughts, laugh as much as you can, always see the positive side in things. Overstressing is not good for our health and body and it shows immediately in our skin and face.
19. Exfoliate regularly to renew the skin: I love to exfoliate my skin at least once a week to get rid of dead cells.