Christmas door decoration - DIY


Christmas is just around the corner and I could not be more excited! I love Christmas, I love preparing and decorating and doing some diy's, so today I have an easy diy you can do with your kids or yourself if you want to decorate your door. 

I made decoration for two doors in my office and I couldn't be happier with the result, taking into consideration that it took me an hour to finish both doors. So here is what you will need:

Snowman
✲ cardboard in white for the body, orange for the nose and any colour you want for the hat and brown for hands
✲ black marker
✲ glue
✲ scissors


1) Cut the white cardboard in three circles, one in large size (for the lower part), one medium size (for the middle part of the body) and one smaller for the head.


2) Using the black marker, make buttons in the medium size circle and eyes and mouth in the small. Then, cut an orange cardboard in the shape of a carrot to use it as a nose and glue it. 

3)Next, cut the brown cardboard and make two hands and glue them on each side of the body and cut another colour for the hat (I wanted to do a black hat but didn't have any black cardboard so I used light blue).


3) Using tape, put the three circles one above the other to create the snowman. And voila, here is the end result!!! How easy was that! I also cut snowflakes in several sizes and added them around the snowman. Isn't it beautiful? Imagine having this cute snowman in your children's bedroom door, wouldn't it be lovely?


Next, I decided to do another door and use a different design. I was browsing around the internet to find some ideas since I didn't want to do a snowman in the second door. So I found a similar design to this one and decided to make it.

Santa's bag
✲ two cardboard in brown (for the bag)
✲ any colours you like for the presents
✲ bows, ribbons or any other material you want to add to your presents
✲ scissors
✲ tape

1) I cut the two brown cardboard and created Santa's bag.
2) Next, I cut rectangles and squares in different sizes and colours and decorated them to make them look like presents.
3) I taped the bag in the right bottom corner of the door and I taped the presents making them look like they were falling off the bag.
4) Drum rolls please! We are finished!! How easy was this tutorial?
And here is the final result!




Do you like it? Are you planning on doing any diy's for Christmas? If you have kids, these crafts are so easy to make with them and decorate their room.  If you don't have kids, it would be a nice way to spend your afternoon and decorate your door with very few materials that do not cost much.

Stay tuned for more Christmas crafts, I have lots of ideas and hopefully I will manage to complete and show them to you!

Hope you have a lovely day and I will see you soon!

36 comments

  1. Super cute ideas! Just found your blog and given you a follow. xx

    LUCY | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, love it! :)
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supa cute... and supa adorable deco...I just loved it babe...xo, Neha

    theinstylejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute!!! I love wreaths, but I live in an apartment and they block my door number. This is such a great alternative!

    Katie Actually

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both designs are lovely, though my favourite has to be the huge present display - what a lovely idea! :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute,I love it! Never too early to get in the Christmas spirit!!

    Harriet- http://www.harrietday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute,I love it! Never too early to get in the Christmas spirit!!

    Harriet- http://www.harrietday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfect diy!

    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is this! The snowman reminds me of Frozen!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute and creative.

    xx
    www.thestylefanatic.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so cute!

    www.sophiaston.de

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cuteee DIY project!
    Edita
    http://www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh beautiful DIY, sounds like something really fun to do. Thank you for sharing :)
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡

    ReplyDelete
  14. These decorations look so lovely! Also, they are super easy to make and you end up having quite a lot of fun if you do this with your siblings, family members of friends :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a cute idea and looks really nice :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. these are so cute, thanks for sharing :)

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg I love the santa's bag design! So cute!
    Dora
    http://www.adropofindigo.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkaSnh8OS3XmuL87VEkskgQ

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a lovely thing to do at Christmas and I love that's it's so simple too! Think I can get away with it even though I don't have kids? ;D

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  19. So lovely! Thanks so much for sharing.

    Patricia // Patricia Stelmach

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG that looks so cute! I am definitely going to try it out! I´ll make my flat look like a winter wonderland!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so cute! I think I'm going to do a #KellysDiyXmas this year again, where for 4 weeks leading up to Xmas, I have a DIY once a week :) This is such a cool idea :) I still have to think about mine, though :D Great post xx

    BeautyPepTalk

    ReplyDelete
  22. In my country we are yet to feel the season of Xmas.. But the very rich have started decoration and the mood is about picking. My best season of the year.

    Nice decoration Yiota.

    Brendascouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so cute and easy to follow! So excited for Christmas!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! What zamechatelny DIY!
    Have a nice new week!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so cute
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is great! My son is going to love making these. Thankyou! Kate xx

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely way to add some festive cheer to the office! ANd you're right, this would be a great craft for kids too! :)

    Hope you've had a wonderful weekend :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love a good DIY! This is just adorable - I love getting in the holiday spirit :)

    xx www.qustomquinns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  29. How adorable, you are the best! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are so pretty! I can't wait to make these with my little brother next weekend :) ! Going to buy stuff for these tomorrow :D

    ♥ Jasmin N
    Little Things With Jassy
    Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both are so cute! I love decorating this time of year.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is such a cute idea!

    http://fourcatsplusus.co.uk - Amy x

    ReplyDelete